Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An Invitation from Christa


I am off to Seattle for a big week of ceramic art and knowledge, otherwise known as NCECA. I've been invited to demonstrate making my work in front of the estimated 5500 member audience, which you can imagine is quite exciting and SCARY at the same time. Concurrently, I have a solo show (together with Jason Walker's solo show) up at Friesen Abmeyer Fine Art Gallery in downtown Seattle, right near the Museum. 91 (yes, NINETY-ONE!) pieces of new work -- including collaborative work with painter Jessica Hess and multi-media artist, David Gantz -- for your viewing pleasure, most of which are thrown and constructed sculptural vessels - a departure from my utilitarian pots of the past 21 years. Don't worry, though - I also have 100 very functional CUPS for sale at the Artstream Nomadic Gallery , as part of this year's "Great Wall of Cups" theme, which boasts of free coffee all week with purchase.

Free coffee ALL CONFERENCE LONG?? In your new mug? What could be better?

Can't wait to see those of you that make it out for the week. Please stop by Friesen Abmeyer for my opening reception Thursday, March 29 5-8 PM. I'll be the one wearing the crazy shoes!
Christa Assad

1 comment:

Laura said...

LOVED watching you work and listening to you chat to the crowd! Will stop by fourth and clay sometime soon :)