Thursday, November 8, 2012
* Christa Assad was named "Ceramic Artist of the Year" by Ceramics Monthly Magazine. This is a huge honor and we are so proud of her.
Some of her sculptural pieces as well as her functional ware will be available in our gallery (along with work from rae dunn and Josie Jurczenia)
during our expanded Holiday hours:
weekends from Nov 24 - Dec 16,11-5PM.
* Sadly rae dunn will be leaving fourth & clay as of January 1.
Please stop by and see her one last time at our studio during the Holidays before she sets up her new solo space in the Sawtooth Building (just a few blocks from us).
* Happily we have found a great young ceramic artist to take over rae's space. Her name is Jessica Wertz and she is coming from Virginia to work with us at fourth & clay.
She is a graduate of Penn State and has spent the past 2 years apprenticing with Silvie Granatelli in Floyd,Virginia. She is full of great ideas and energy.
Her work is functional and beautiful. She will be joining us in Feb 2013.
* Also in Feb 2013 our Winter Workshop will be held on Saturday, Feb 23 featuring Bay Area Artist extraordinare Diana Fayt.
We will be sending out additional information shortly so please be on the look out for it. This is one workshop not to be missed.
* Please save the date for our Holiday Party - Dec 13 - 7-11pm.
We will have a show in the gallery featuring work by rae, Christa and Josie, music, refreshments and maybe even a light show. We hope you can make it.